So after last week, I was determined to start December off on the right foot and ultimately, that I would try to be positive. So I took that positive attitude and began the arduous task of trying to get ready to go on this cruise.
The first thing I decided to do was try and find things to decorate our cabin. So I purchased a little Christmas tree, some ornaments, some garland, a window cling, some snowflakes and a big bow for our door. I spent about 10.00 but it will make our room festive and help our family members find us if they absolutely need us (They better not! *eek* lol)
Next I decided to help out my fellow man by donating my time and what I could to help someone else. I had heard of a young woman from a friend, who was in need of baby items. So I picked up a few things from the store, craigslist and raided my stash to make sure she had some help. Continuing on the donating theme: From there, I went ahead and donated blood to the blood alliance because I won’t be able to donate again for a year after we get back from our cruise. It was a small gesture that didn’t cost anything and could possibly help up to three different people.; and finally the last thing I did this week was to donate a few small toys to a local charity that gives them out to needy families for Christmas.
I tried to step back into my kitchen this weekend in an attempt to cook another “holiday” related food. ( Honestly, I have avoided the hell out of my kitchen since Thanksgiving. ) Anyways, I went ahead and made some chex mix. Yum. Get in my belly! Too bad I’m at work now and I can’t eat any since I forgot to bring it with me! DRATS!
I have listened to a Christmas song here and there without cringing at this point, so maybe this really is starting to work. I have even decided to participate in the merriment of shopping for Christmas presents even though I swore I would be making everyone’s gifts this year. In my defense, I couldn’t * just* make my parents/ mil/ DH’s gifts. They deserve a little more thought and effort into their gift*.
*Not saying that my handmade gifts are thoughtless or effortless, it’s just I like to find that “Perfect” present. One that they won’t see coming and it just puts that giant smile on their face. You know what I’m talking about, right?
Anyways; so I’m taking each day 1 day at a time and I am hoping that this will allow me to be able to not only survive the holidays this year, but also enjoy them. So I am going to continue doing small things to make the holidays feel special. Even if it seems dumb or nobody will notice it but me.
I hope that my actions might be able to help inspire your Christmas Spirit if it needs a reviving. (as mind did.)
Next posting should have some soap, some sugar scrub, maybe some knitting projects and some clay crafts in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment