Saturday, April 20, 2013

I fell in love with.....

the girl at the rock show! - Song lyrics that are quite prudent considering the topic of today's blog post!

    I am so excited it isn't even funny. C and I were thinking about attending this upcoming concert but we had some problems that we weren't really wanting to face. Like taking time off, 2 days in a row because it's a two day rock festival. Then there was the price of the two day festival times two. That would have been roughly 120.00 per ticket, per person. So roughly a price tag of 240.00 plus the loss of money for two missed days of work for the both of us. That's pretty hefty price tag to see some bands.  We put our heads together and thought about only going to day 1 of the festival  for half of the price and saving money that way as well as not missing work. That was a decent compromise but I still didn't know if I 100% wanted to go to the show. I was thinking about telling C to go on ahead without me. I could work and just see him that night when I got home.

       I wasn't really wanting to be looked upon as being viewed as a white trash pregnant woman at a concert. I used to side eye the crap out of some of these women as a teenager/ young adult while attending shows like ozzfest and mayhem festival. Granted most of them had a beer and or cigarette in their hands so I was partly justified in passing a side eye in their direction. But oh well.

    So on Thursday, I hear that a local radio station that is co-hosting the rock show, will be giving away tickets every 15 minutes from 9am - 5pm. I must have called the radio station 400 times. No lie. I would occasionally get someone to pick up but it was always the same thing "Sorry, we already have a winner!" click! Well I was getting really discouraged and really ticked off. All day long I had the same results.The last chance to win was 5:00, so I started dialing at 4:55 to try and get through. Busy, busy, busy. I just kept calling. At 5:03 the phone actually rang and someone answered. I had won 2 tickets to the show! <3 So part 2 was taken care of. Yippie!

    Once I won the tickets, I was determined to get the days off but how would I do so without spending valuable vacation time (maternity leave) or going without? I asked a coworker if he wouldn't mind swapping a day with me so he could start his days off earlier in the week. He said that was not a problem. So, now I can go without worrying about missing work, losing money or the cost of tickets! <3

    I guess I am just going to have to deal with people side eying the pregnant woman rocking out at a rock show. <3 This pregglysaur is #hardcore. =P

2 comments: