Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Post Festival Blues



Yup. I have the post festival blues. =( I really miss the excitement and awesomeness that was Counter Point. It was three days of epic music, lots of dancing, crazy people, interesting food and an overwhelming sense of happiness.  This post is going to be extremely pic heavy. I might even throw in a picture or two of myself, ya know,  if I'm feeling super adventurous. ;) The big reveal of Craftsy. =) *wink*


  The location was beautiful. This picture doesn't even do it justice. This was during the sunrise before the start of the festival.









Amazing picture of the sunset and the neon glow starting to erupt from the festival grounds from right behind one of the hills.






This was a picture from the set that Skrillex did. This was during the very last night ( night 3.)









Here is an amazing video from backstage just to give you a tiny bit of comparison to how massive this event was. The lighters and fans stretch back from the stage to the very far back where the blue counterpoint sign is in the background. Absolutely massive. Approximate counts are around 30,000 people in attendance that night.  Sound quality isn't great but I just wanted to show you the awesome lighters. I was in the very front on the rail but I'm to the right of this guy who filming. His view of my spot is blocked by a riser/ speaker so you can't see me =( Boo! lol But here you go none the less.



       We got to see Excision, The M Machine, Treasure Fingers, Alesso, Big Gigantic, Feed Me, R3hab, Porter Robinson, 12th planet, Zedd, Alvin Risk, Avicii, Bassnectar, and of course, Skrillex. That isn't even all of them. Those are just the ones I can remember off of the top of my head.


       It was a super fun experience. One I won't be forgetting about any time soon. I don't really have a whole lot of pictures from the festival. Mr. C apparently deleted them off of my cell phone, so I can't post any up right now except for ones I texted to my BFF, T while I was at the festival. (Ps:  It was humid and I had been dancing around like a fool for the last several days, so keep that in mind when looking at them lol!)


https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=8c2891e390&view=att&th=13a218892f70ade6&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_4US4oMKoqAtZ4T7TO7aEH&sadet=1349182407136&sads=VxaFhWAWdg92yLxbAYKko18fo4whttps://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=8c2891e390&view=att&th=13a2188d3c3ed90d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_4US4oMKoqAtZ4T7TO7aEH&sadet=1349184020185&sads=hof_YgYmRZ2KPWMD6z98qpSs0y4<--Day 2 before " Hurricane Counterpoint" shut down the festival for an hour or so. (Storm clouds brewing in the background while I don a pair of wings) ---->
 
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=8c2891e390&view=att&th=13a2188560da987f&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_4US4oMKoqAtZ4T7TO7aEH&sadet=1349182438614&sads=9Bv9EPhqr8yngAOMrf7u3aYCKK0






Day 3. I can't remember who was in the beat tent
while I was taking this picture.










Here is a picture of a rainbow I saw on the way home from work yesterday. It was pretty, so I snapped a quick shot of it. Something to make a dreary and bluesy type of day seem a bit brighter.

I need to get back to work. I'm currently baby sitting an injured rookie for the next 3 weeks. Oh-freaking- Joy. If he doesn't stop complaining about how much my dispatch center sucks,. how can I stand being in this room for 12 hours a day, yadda freaking yadda, I'm going to end up throat punching him before his light duty is up. I can almost guarantee it.


 Oh & a little funny tid bit I saw while at the festival. Apparently: -->


 =D (They were doing a breast cancer fundraiser)

I'll have to add the other pictures whenever I get around to it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pics! It keeps my ADD brain interested! :-) I'm glad you had a fantastic time! It appears you did!

    ReplyDelete