Sunday, September 9, 2012

*Jazz Hands*



"Birds flying high, you know how I feel. Sun in the sky, you know how I feel. Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel. It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life, for me and I'm feeling good." -Michael Buble.

   Yeah, I needed that. Sometimes it takes a really good infectious song to get into your head to help lift your spirits. So, today I figured I would show/tell you why I call myself "Mrs.Craftsy" and introduce you to my crafting addiction.


    Why am I Mrs. Craftsy and why do I love crafts? I believe that I am a creative individual. I love to make things and I have all these ideas of projects that I want to make. I just don't have enough time in the day to do them all! *Can someone please pay me to be able to sit home and craft all day?* Purty please?

     I get into trouble when I craft because not only do I have my own ideas but when I see something that I like, I will try to recreate that as well. It can be practically anything. Sites like etsy, pintrest, ebay and craftster get me into a boat load of trouble on a regular basis. It was getting so bad that Mr. C actually wants me to clean out my craft room before I buy any more supplies! o.O <eek>

    Why do I do it? Besides the thrill of making something, crafting allows me to channel my moods and expressions into something constructive. While crafting can get unnerving at times ( because you mess up or you don't think your work is good enough) it is very therapeutic. I love the feeling of accomplishment and pride when I finish a project. I also love that I can either get lost in my own head and think about whatever is bothering me or I can emerse myself totally into a project and not think about anything else. Crafting will be my saving grace during the dreaded 2WW. But, enough about that. I guess I'll show you a few of the projects that I am currently working on. 

                                                        *~*~*~* Projects~*~*~*~*

  This is a scarf I'm working on. It's about a quarter of the way finished. Still have a long way to go before I'm done though. I haven't picked up my knitting crafts in almost a year. Usually I knit in the fall/ winter and I always forget how long it takes to make something. =) No biggie. I still like doing it. I just need to manage my time better and plan certain crafts. I think I tell myself that every year and then come back and say "Oh, it's not that bad!" and then the process starts all over again.



 These are my first attempts at diaper clutches. I don't have a picture of the latest batch that I am working on since I'm at work.
     Several of my friends are pregnant and I wanted to make them little presents to go with their main gift. I found an awesome DIY and went to town. Basically it's holds a couple of diapers, some individual wipes and the clutch itself turns into a changing pad for those instances where you are left changing a baby in a place that might not be so ideal. I have never been a mom so I hope they like them.

I just finished working on a couple of items for a very sweet person who is on the "TB" message boards with me. Her name is KK and she is one of the most sweet and positive people you could probably meet. For those of you who are interested in reading her blog and finding more about her TTC journey, please check out KK's Blog here. So these are a few of the things that I made for her because she rocks that much. This is Olivia the Ovary and she is kind of KK's mascot, so I decided to make a clay charm Olivia for her.


    I also made an origami llama but I don't have any pictures of it. She does on her blog though. =)  I also have other projects that I am simultaneously working on, but I'm at work at the moment so I can't show you.
At this very minute I must get back to work; my minions are calling for me. Ciao

                - Mrs.C


No comments:

Post a Comment