Sunday, November 11, 2012

Merry go round

   
 So, today we decided to enjoy our last full day off together, before I leave to head out to Maryland this week, by going to the carnival/ fair. Different people call it different things. I just call it awesomely expensive. Ha.

      Anyways, it was nice. We walked around and looked at all the rides, the food booths, the agricultural portion of the fair, the exhibits and craft booths. It was pretty neat. I made a promise to myself that I would be entering the fair next year with some of my arts and crafts pieces. I'm super excited about that. :)

  We got to learn about apiaries and canners who can their own goods. The crafter/ bargain hunter in me wants to learn how to make homemade items like jam and pickled okra/ beans/ pickles! I was so surprised by how much better those things tasted compared to store bought items. I might go ahead and go to one of the free canning classes they offer. Eh, what's yet another hobby for me to lose myself in? :D
So the fair helped inspire me to make more crafts and to actually show them off as well as find new hobbies I might be interested in. So I'm pretty pumped!

     Other than that, I can't believe all of the weird fried foods there are at fairs. Fried butter? What? Fried pop tarts? Fried candy bars? Fried kool Aid and fried Pepsi? How? I wanted to try 1 fried Oreo but they refuse to sell me just one. Had to be 5 for 5.00. That made me a sad panda. What If I didn't like it? :/ So no fear factoring fried things for me. My heart probably thanks me for passing. Lol

After the fair, we came home an lost ourselves in some good old' fashioned FPS game play. Mr. C bought halo 4, so we were playing multiplayer. It's not terrible. That's a plus :) I didn't really are for halo reach multiplayer. This one is starting to grow on me. More than once I was able to carry our team in k/d ratio and overall kills and points. :P Mr. C loves it. Don't let his bitching / trash talking fool you ;)

I had an awesome few days off with Mr.C. I hate to see the weekend coming to a close. I guess it is what it is and back to the grind we both must go.

Here are some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment